Police who are investigating the brutal murder of a 10-year-old boy by his neighbour are now relying on the victim’s younger brother as he is the prime eyewitness in the case. Rahul Chavan, a Diva resident, was allegedly murdered by Kiran Tambe Monday.
Kiran, who is reportedly an alcoholic, allegedly slit Rahul’s throat with a sickle and threw him off the terrace in Fasubai apartment in Diva.
According to Mumbra police, Rahul’s brother Lucky,6, had seen Kiran take Rahul to the terrace and followed the duo. Initial probe found out that Kiran, who was already drunk, was infuriated when Rahul refused to fetch more liquor and murdered the child. However, further investigation revealed that Kiran allegedly murdered the boy seek revenge. Police are questioning Kiran.
“Lucky had seen Kiran beating his wife, Sushma, Sunday and Kiran grabbed Lucky while he was holding a belt in his other hand. Lucky’s father Mukesh intervened and a quarrel ensued. Rahul, who witnessed the fight between the two, informed the landlord. The landlord then threatened to evict Kiran, which infuriated him further. On Monday night, Lucky saw Rahul heading up to the terrace with Kiran and decided to follow them,” said police inspector Shailendra Nagarkar, Mumbra police station.
Rahul’s mother Mamla Chavan said Rahul was alive on his way to Shivaji Hospital and named Kiran as the murderer. “I asked Rahul how he fell and he said that Kiran had thrown him off the terrace,” Mamla said. “That night, there was a power cut. However, when the came back, it came in every house except ours. Kiran must have tampered with the wires so that no one would see him take Rahul to the terrace.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Residents of the apartment said Kiran was an alcoholic. While he stayed in Vikhroli with his first wife, he visited Fasubai apartment every few months to meet Sushma and the children. Mahendra More, a neighbour, said, “Whenever he comes here, he gets drunk and beats up his wife.”
“Kiran stepped out of the house saying that he was leaving. Then 15 minutes later, Rahul fell from the terrace. We did not know that he was still in the building. Since the lights went off, no one knew what happened,” Sushma said.
Kiran was arrested from his Vikhroli residence after Rahul’s death was reported to the police. He has been charged with abduction and murder under the IPC as well as the Arms Act.
BEST bus driver faints at the wheel
Passengers on board a BEST bus had a narrow escape after the driver fell unconscious at the wheel on Wednesday morning. The driver had resumed duty after undergoing an eardrum surgery. BEST officials said Vithal Jambhale (49) was driving the bus from Kurla to Hutatma Chowk and felt pain in his chest. He veered to the side of the road, damaging two parked cars, before collapsing. No passenger was injured, said a BEST spokesperson. Jambhale was rushed to Susrusha Hospital in Dadar. He was subsequently sent home, officials said. According to BEST sources, Jambhale was on a medical leave till January 15 after the surgery. He resume duty from January 22. ens