A 20-year-old man was killed while attempting to save his younger brother from drowning at Marine Drive on Sunday, the police said.
The younger boy survived after two patrolling policemen rescued him from the sea. Police said the two brothers, Ratan Chavan (20) and Chetan Chavan (16) were part of a group of five boys from Dombivali who had come to Marine Drive around 3 pm on Sunday. “Seeing that the waves were high, Chetan decided to take a picture.
He climbed on top of one of the rocks lining the sea shore, took out his cell phone and began to take pictures. But when a very high wave came a few minutes later, Chetan lost his balance and fell into the sea,” said an officer from Marine Drive police station. The officer added that Ratan then jumped into the water after Chetan.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
At the same time, the cries of the other boys attracted the attention of two patrolling police constables, who rushed into the water after the brothers. They were able to save Chetan, but could not locate Ratan owing to the rough waves. “We found Ratan’s body at 4.30 pm and have sent it for post-mortem. We have registered a case of accidental death,” said the officer.