- Earth Day 2018 LIVE Updates: Leaders across India, world urge people to save the planet through sustainable lifestyle
- Fali Nariman on Opposition move to impeach CJI Dipak Misra: A horribly black day in SC history
- IPL Live Match Score SRH vs CSK Live Streaming: Sunrisers Hyderabad remove Shane Watson, pick first wicket against Chennai Super Kings
A Mumbai Sessions Court rejected the bail application filed by two accused in the Malvani hooch case.
Leela Patel and Geeta Sayyed, charged with being part of the conspiracy, were denied bail by the court.
Special Public Prosecutor Prakash Kharat had argued that since the case had caused the deaths of 106 persons and there was prima facie involvement of the accused, they should not be granted bail at this stage.
- Kamala Mills fire: Bail plea of Mojo’s Bistro co-owner Yug Tulli rejected
- Sessions court to hear Kamala Mills case
- Legal Weekly: Accused of rape, anticipatory bail granted to do community service; top judgments of the week
- Year after Death of 106 people: Trial in Malvani hooch tragedy begins
- Malvani hooch tragedy: Sessions court frames charges against 14 accused
- Malvani Hooch Tragedy: Crime Branch seeks court nod to destroy seized methanol
The court accepted this contention and denied bail to the two.
The consumption of spurious liquor had caused the death of 106 persons in Malvani, in 2015. The court had earlier denied bail applications of at least seven other accused.