A major fire broke out on the fifth floor of the new administrative building of the Central Railway adjacent to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) in DN Road around 5.35pm on Friday. Around eight fire engines were immediately rushed to the spot, according to fire officials.
“We reached the spot immediately after receiving the call and helped evacuate the railway staff. No casualties have been reported and we are yet to find the cause behind the fire,” said a senior official from the fire brigade department.
After the fire was upgraded one notch to Grade 2, the fire brigade also rushed snorkels, five ambulances and seven jumbo water tankers to the spot. Around 20 police officials from the Azad Maidan police station also rushed to the spot as the fire caused a major traffic jam on DN Road, near the railway station.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Since a majority of the officials had already left after work, we averted a major disaster. We also got two additional water tankers from the Naval Dockyard, opposite the site,” said a civic official from the BMC’s disaster management cell.
Though the fire was doused completely by around 6.45pm, three services on harbour line were cancelled due to the incident and the harbour line services were also delayed by 15 to 20 minutes.Vehicular traffic on the JJ flyover was halted for close to an hour.
The police diverted vehicular traffic from Bhatia Baug towards P D’Mello Road, from Hajarimal Somani Road at CST to Metro cinema junction, from Chakala towards P D’Mello Road and from OCS to Metro cinema junction.
Another fire broke out at the basement of the Income Tax Department in Marine Lines at 7.30 pm. “We rushed three fire engines and two jumbo tankers to the spot. It was a minor incident, but we are yet to determine the actual cause of the fire,” the senior fire official added.