- Manmohan Singh on Kathua, Unnao rape cases: 'PM Narendra Modi should follow own advice to me, speak more often'
- 'Modi go home' posters greet Prime Minister Narendra Modi in London
- Judge Loya case hearing highlights: SC rejects probe demand into his death, says petitioners tried to 'scandalise' judiciary
THE MAHARASHTRA government Wednesday effected a major reshuffle of 73 IAS officers. Replacing Sudhir Shrivastav, who has been given charge of transport department, Additional Chief Secretary D K Jain has got the most significant finance department.
Additional chief secretaries Bhagwan Sahai and Malini Shankar, respectively, have been moved to agriculture and relief and rehabilitation departments.
The transfers of all the three additional chief secretaries have sprung major surprises.
- Gorakhpur DM among 37 IAS officers shuffled in UP
- Mumbai confidential: Twist in the tale
- Surendra Kumar new Chief Electoral Officer of Odisha
- Bureaucratic shake-up in Himachal: 10 DCs among 36 IAS officers transferred
- Mumbai confidential: Rejig on cards
- Maharashtra govt to restructure finance dept to push social sectors
Principal Secretary (Planning) Sitaram Kunte has moved to the Ministry of Higher and Technical Education department.
Mukesh Khullar in now in charge of GAD, Vandana Krushna planning and implementation (finance) and Meeta Lochan, is the
new Principal Secretary, Reforms.
Prabhakar Deshmukh is now the Secretary, Rural Development and Water Conservation.
Praveen Darade has been elevated as additional municipal commissioner from the Chief Minister’s Office.
Ashish Kumar Singh is now in charge of the Public Works Department. S V R Shrinivasan, meanwhile, takes the charge of MD, SICOM.
The list of transfers includes Mahesh Pathak as Principal Secretary, Food and Civil Supplies, K H Govindraj as Commissioner, Nashik, Upamanyu Chatterjee as Principal Secretary, Rest of Maharashtra Statutory Development Board, Ujjwal Uke, Principal Secretary, Textile.
S M Gavai has been made Principal Secretary, Environment and I S Chahel is the Principal Secretary, Water Resources.
S K Bagde is the Principal Secretary, Social Justice department, Eknath Davle, Principal Secretary EGS and Water Conservation. Deepak Kapoor is now Principal Secretary, Humans Skill Development.