Anticipating cyber frauds in rural Maharashtra to multiply manifold, each district in the state is soon to have a deputy superintendent of police specifically for economic offences.
“We anticipate cyber fraud cases moving to the district areas of Maharashtra, such as Osmanabad and Buldhana. We are planning to designate a DySP for economic offenses under whose ambit will also be narcotics. The discussions for the new post have already been on and we could expect the implementation of the new designation before the end of the year,” Director General of Maharashtra Police Satish Mathur told The Indian Express.
What what else is in the news
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Mathur added that the cyber crimes that happen in cities were increasingly being noticed in the tier-two cities of the state, where frauds related to internet banking or duping a victim after asking them the account details are being reported.
According to Mathur, the deputy superintendent of police (DySP) is overburdened at the headquarter with mainly administrative work. “For operating purposes, the new DySP for economic offences position is being planned to lessen the load on the DySP HQ,” Mathur added.
A formal proposal regarding the rejig in the state police is soon to be issued to the state home department in the next few days. The DGP said the new DySP will also focus to counter the menace of narcotics in the district as narcotics make for most of the crime and are economically related crime.
Unlike the city police commissionarates in the state, the rural police in Maharashtra have a different structure of police authority.