THE SCHOOL Bus Owners’ Association (SBOA) in the city has said that it may not be able to ply buses from Wednesday owing to shortage of cash. The cash crunch that has almost crippled the city, seems to have hit school bus operators who are not able to refuel the buses.
Watch What Else is Making news
School bus operators feared that the restriction on the maximum cash withdrawal limit would hit services as they won’t have enough money to refuel the buses. “We, the bus operators, need to withdraw Rs20,000 a day on an average to refuel our buses. But currently the government allows us to withdraw the amount in a week,” said SBOA president Anil Garg.
He said that while the operators have been able to keep the buses plying so far but may soon run out of available cash.
“It is not possible to hand over our cards to the drivers to fill diesel or petrol. Even cheques are not feasible solution. To deposit money to the account has also become difficult with such long queues outside the banks,” said Garg.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The SBOA has requested the the government to increase the limit of withdrawing cash for school bus operators or the buses will go off roads.