Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan Wednesday said the government would approach the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests to waive off coastal regulatory zone (CRZ) permissions required for the 190-metre-tall statue of warrior king Shivaji in the Arabian sea off the Mumbai coast.
The cabinet gave its nod to the site proposed for the memorial — a 16-hectare rock islet situated 3.6 km from Girgaum Chowpatty beach.
Despite resistance from the finance department, the cabinet also agreed to hold an international competition to select the design of the memorial. It was decided that the first prize winner would get Rs 1 crore. Citing the tight position of the exchequer, the department had objected to the competition and the prize money. Chavan said global tenders would be invited for appointment of a project management consultant. The cabinet also decided to enhance the budgetary support for the memorial from the current Rs 3.90 crore to Rs 100 crore.
Earlier, Industries Minister Narayan Rane indicated that Maratha reservation report recommending 25 per cent quota for the economically backward in education and employment had been submitted to the CM.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked