Maharashtra BJP is yet to find a suitable candidate for the election to the state Legislative Council seat,which fell vacant after senior party leader Gopinath Mundes estranged nephew,Dhananjay Munde resigned from Upper House and joined NCP.
We are in search of a suitable candidate. BJP will contest the election. The last date of filing nominations is August 23 and we will announce our nominee before that, Leader of Opposition in Legislative Council and BJP member Vinod Tawde said Friday.
Dhananjay Munde quits BJP and joined the Sharad Pawar-led party last month. NCP is part of the Congress-led coalition Government in Maharashtra,while BJP is the main Opposition party in the state Assembly.
Dhananjay,while joining the NCP,had stated that he would serve the party in whatever capacity he is asked to. He was elected to the Council from the Legislative Assembly quota and resigned three years ahead of his tenure.
Dhananjay reportedly wanted to contest the Parli Assembly seat in 2009 but his uncle Gopinath chose his daughter Pankaja and sent his nephew to the House to mollify him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Parli is in Marathwada region which is a part of the Beed Lok Sabha seat presently represented by Gopinath Munde.