A letter to students from the principal of St. Xavier’s college, Mumbai criticising the Gujarat model and indirectly BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, has now been taken down from the college website.
The Principal, Fr. Frazer Mascarenhas, had emailed the letter to students and posted it on the website as a way of “presenting facts”. In the letter, Mascarenhas, while criticising Modi’s lauded Gujarat Model, also praised some of the Congress-driven initiatives such as the Food Security Act and the Rojgar Yojana, triggering a national controversy.
The BJP on Wednesday also filed a complaint with the Election Commission against the Principal for “misleading students”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Thursday, the letter was no longer viewable on the homepage of the college, website.