Abdeali Qutbuddin, Husain Qutbuddin and Aziz Qutbuddin, sons of Khuzaima Qutbuddin, the half-brother of the late 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin of the Dawoodi Bohra community, filed a police complaint Friday alleging they were allegedly insulted and assaulted by Burhani Guards and others earlier in the day at Raudat Tahera, the mausoleum of the 51st and 52nd Dai located in Bhendi Bazaar.
According to the complaint, the three sons visited the mausoleum for ‘ziyarat’ (paying respects to the Dais) in the morning to mark the occasion of Ramadan, when the incident happened.
The Burhani Guards, a security enforcement service that works under the head of Dawoodi Bohra community, currently serves the 53rd Dai Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin, who has been accepted as the next head by a majority of the community members.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The Burhani Guards and a few others reportedly “physically stopped” the Qutbuddins from doing ‘ziyarat’.
The trio then reportedly sought help from the J J police station for protection and visited the mausoleum again only to be pushed away by the Burhani Guards, who later chased them and allegedly threw stones. Three persons have been detained by the J J police, while an investigation into the incident is currently under way.