Abdeali Qutbuddin, Husain Qutbuddin and Aziz Qutbuddin, sons of Khuzaima Qutbuddin, the half-brother of the late 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin of the Dawoodi Bohra community, filed a police complaint Friday alleging they were allegedly insulted and assaulted by Burhani Guards and others earlier in the day at Raudat Tahera, the mausoleum of the 51st and 52nd Dai located in Bhendi Bazaar.
According to the complaint, the three sons visited the mausoleum for ‘ziyarat’ (paying respects to the Dais) in the morning to mark the occasion of Ramadan, when the incident happened.
The Burhani Guards, a security enforcement service that works under the head of Dawoodi Bohra community, currently serves the 53rd Dai Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin, who has been accepted as the next head by a majority of the community members.
The Burhani Guards and a few others reportedly “physically stopped” the Qutbuddins from doing ‘ziyarat’.
The trio then reportedly sought help from the J J police station for protection and visited the mausoleum again only to be pushed away by the Burhani Guards, who later chased them and allegedly threw stones. Three persons have been detained by the J J police, while an investigation into the incident is currently under way.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet