A large part of Mumbai and several suburbs, including large commercial areas such as Bandra Kurla Complex, Parel and Dadar, are suffering a power outage since about 10 am as a unit of Tata Power generating 500 megawatt tripped on Tuesday morning.
The incident took place at 9.45 am at Tata Power’s unit in Trombay after which the company switched off several of its feeders resulting in a power cut in areas such as Sion, Dadar, Mahim, Parel, Prabhadevi, Bandra Kurla Complex, Chembur, Tilak Nagar and Santacruz.
“This tripping has resulted in load reduction of Parel, Mahalaxmi, Dharavi and Chembur areas of Mumbai to control loading on 220 kv Kharghar-Nerul-Sonkar –Trombay tie line. We are working towards an early resolution and will ensure power supply to these areas at the earliest,” a Tata Power spokesperson said. The company, however, did not comment on the reason why the unit tripped.
Tata Power supplies electricity to some parts of Mumbai, as well as to the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST) undertaking, which distributes power to the island city. A BEST official said on the condition of anonymity that the 500 megawatt unit that has tripped used to supply about 250 megawatt power to BEST.
According to Reliance Energy’s statement on its twitter handle, “Due to tripping of Tata Power generating unit no. 5 of 500 megawatt, there is a constraint on Mumbai’s transmission corridor. Due to this rational load shedding has been imposed by Tata Power in the areas of Chembur, Santacruz, Ghatkopar, Bandra, Kurla, Tilak Nagar, Vikhroli, Sakinaka and Juhu.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched