Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Lalu Prasad Yadav was admitted in Mumbai’s Asian Heart Institute reportedly late Sunday night for a ‘detailed health evaluation’ for cardiac-related problems.
According to the hospital sources, his condition is stable and the health check-up was scheduled well in advance. Yadav was admitted under the care of hospital’s director Dr Ramakant Panda.
In a statement, the hospital’s spokesperson said, “We confirm that Lalu Prasad Yadav is admitted to Asian Heart Institute for a detailed health evaluation. This is a planned visit.”
According to Dr Vijay D’silva, Asian Heart Institute’s medical director, the 66-year-old politician was to be kept under observation for 24 hours to monitor his health. However, a decision on whether any future surgery is required will be taken once all the medical reports come.
According to sources, Yadav’s wife Rabri Devi, his son-in-law and few other family members accompanied him to Mumbai for the medical tests.
Yadav held the union railway ministry portfolio from 2004 to 2009 under the UPA government. Recently, his party RJD formed an alliance with Nitish Kumar’s Janata Dal to contest the upcoming state elections.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More