The Marine Drive police late on Thursday night recorded the statement of an official of Kings XI Punjab in connection with the ongoing row between actor Preity Zinta and businessman Ness Wadia.
Zinta had, on June 12, registered a complaint with the police alleging that Wadia had molested her at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai after the IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Superkings. The police said Tara Sharma, a team management staff member with Kings XI Punjab, which is partly owned by Zinta, recorded her statement with the Marine Drive police. “Her statement was affirmative with Zinta’s version of the sequence of events on the day of the alleged offence. Sharma’s statement is important as she is an independent witness in the case. She has not been named by either Zinta or Wadia,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone-I) Ravindra Shisve.
Shisve added that Sharma, in her statement, admitted to have witnessed Wadia screaming at Zinta during an arguement over seating arrangement.
The police said Shailesh Gupta was also an important witness in the case as he was seated in the same aisle as Zinta. He is expected to record his statement soon. “Two more witnesses, who are among the nine witnesses named by Wadia, are expected to record their statements soon,” Shisve said. ens
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016