The Marine Drive police late on Thursday night recorded the statement of an official of Kings XI Punjab in connection with the ongoing row between actor Preity Zinta and businessman Ness Wadia.
Zinta had, on June 12, registered a complaint with the police alleging that Wadia had molested her at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai after the IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Superkings. The police said Tara Sharma, a team management staff member with Kings XI Punjab, which is partly owned by Zinta, recorded her statement with the Marine Drive police. “Her statement was affirmative with Zinta’s version of the sequence of events on the day of the alleged offence. Sharma’s statement is important as she is an independent witness in the case. She has not been named by either Zinta or Wadia,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone-I) Ravindra Shisve.
Shisve added that Sharma, in her statement, admitted to have witnessed Wadia screaming at Zinta during an arguement over seating arrangement.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The police said Shailesh Gupta was also an important witness in the case as he was seated in the same aisle as Zinta. He is expected to record his statement soon. “Two more witnesses, who are among the nine witnesses named by Wadia, are expected to record their statements soon,” Shisve said. ens