Tension prevailed in Kalyan after reports of a Facebook page containing objectionable comments against late Bal Thackeray became public. Shiv Sainiks were reported to be roaming the streets of Kalyan looking for a person who had promoted the web page,although no untoward incidents were reported.
According to police,the Facebook page was brought to the attention of some members of the Shiv Senas student wing,the Bharatiya Vidyarthi Sena,Tuesday afternoon. I registered a complaint with the Thane polices cyber crime cell,which immediately took steps to get the page blocked. The creator of the page had insinuated that our party had taken advantage of peoples sentiments by using the name of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj,and said objectionable things about our Saheb, said BVS secretary Vikas Repale.
The police picked up a suspect from Dadar late Tuesday night,while another suspect,accused of having promoted the page on his own profile,was found to be a resident of Kalyan. This information soon spread throughout Kalyan and Shiv Sainiks were seen in large numbers on the streets,looking for the suspect who was said to be absconding.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Although they have not resorted to violence,police deployment has been beefed up,keeping in mind that this is happening on the eve of Bakri Eid, said an officer with the Kolsewadi police station. The Mahatma Phule Chowk and the Bazarpeth police stations also took similar precautions.
Additional commissioner of police Bhujangrao Shinde said the situation in Kalyan was under control. We dont need to deploy personnel since the situation has not worsened, he said,adding that two officers have been asked to find the person accused of promoting the FB page and arrest him.
There were people on the streets in large numbers in Kalyan and Thane,but we have managed to pacify them. We have identified and picked up the person responsible for putting up the content on the Internet, said Thane Police Commissioner K P Raghuvanshi.
The incident brings back memories of the case of two girls from Palghar,Shaheen Dhada and Rinu Srinivasan,who were booked by police in November 2012 after they posted allegedly objectionable content about Thackeray on their FB profiles on the day of his funeral.