Tension prevailed in Kalyan after reports of a Facebook page containing objectionable comments against late Bal Thackeray became public. Shiv Sainiks were reported to be roaming the streets of Kalyan looking for a person who had promoted the web page,although no untoward incidents were reported.
According to police,the Facebook page was brought to the attention of some members of the Shiv Senas student wing,the Bharatiya Vidyarthi Sena,Tuesday afternoon. I registered a complaint with the Thane polices cyber crime cell,which immediately took steps to get the page blocked. The creator of the page had insinuated that our party had taken advantage of peoples sentiments by using the name of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj,and said objectionable things about our Saheb, said BVS secretary Vikas Repale.
The police picked up a suspect from Dadar late Tuesday night,while another suspect,accused of having promoted the page on his own profile,was found to be a resident of Kalyan. This information soon spread throughout Kalyan and Shiv Sainiks were seen in large numbers on the streets,looking for the suspect who was said to be absconding.
Although they have not resorted to violence,police deployment has been beefed up,keeping in mind that this is happening on the eve of Bakri Eid, said an officer with the Kolsewadi police station. The Mahatma Phule Chowk and the Bazarpeth police stations also took similar precautions.
Additional commissioner of police Bhujangrao Shinde said the situation in Kalyan was under control. We dont need to deploy personnel since the situation has not worsened, he said,adding that two officers have been asked to find the person accused of promoting the FB page and arrest him.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
There were people on the streets in large numbers in Kalyan and Thane,but we have managed to pacify them. We have identified and picked up the person responsible for putting up the content on the Internet, said Thane Police Commissioner K P Raghuvanshi.
The incident brings back memories of the case of two girls from Palghar,Shaheen Dhada and Rinu Srinivasan,who were booked by police in November 2012 after they posted allegedly objectionable content about Thackeray on their FB profiles on the day of his funeral.