Giving a clean chit to the St George Hospital administration, a report submitted by four doctors of the state-run JJ Hospital has said that Chhagan Bhujbal’s sudden admission in the intensive care unit of the hospital was necessary and justified.
An inquiry was being carried out on why Bhujbal was taken to St George Hospital despite complaints of toothache and if rules were flouted over Bhujbal’s admission into St George Hospital.
On Thursday, the Jail Department repatriated resident doctor Dr Rahul Ghule, attached with Mumbai’s Arthur Road jail, to the Health Department after the said inquiry indicted him for misconduct in referring Bhujbal to St George Hospital.
This report, however, brings some respite for Dr Rahul Ghule, who has been accused of manipulating records to help Bhujbal.
A team of department heads from anaesthesia, cardiology, general medicine and psychiatry from JJ Hospital did a thorough check up of Bhujbal and found his heart rate fluctuating along with asthma problem that caused breathlessness.
“His admission was found to be justified,” said Dr Rohan Sequeira, head of medicine department at St George Hospital.
- Chhagan Bhujbal stable, may be discharged from hospital in a week
- Court allows Chhagan Bhujbal to undergo tests at KEM hospital
- Chhagan Bhujbal hospitalisation case: Suspended jail doctor threatens hunger strike
- Chhagan Bhujbal discharged from hospital
- Chhagan Bhujbal’s treatment at St George: Prison officials too put blame on jail doctor
- Maharashtra Prisons dept to probe why Chhagan Bhujbal was taken to St George, not JJ
J Hospital dean Dr TP Lahane also confirmed that a report has been given to the prison authority on Bhujbal.
Bhujbal is currently admitted in St George Hospital’s general ward from where he will be discharged in a day following his dental tests.
“His condition is much better now and he is fit for discharge. We are waiting for dental tests and then he will be discharged,” said Sequeira.
Since last month, Bhujbal has been lodged at Arthur Road Jail in connection with the multi-crore Maharashtra Sadan scam registered by the Enforcement Directorate (ED).