Inspector Mahesh Jadhav of the Chunabhatti police station, who was accused of forcing a 25-year-old man from Govandi into having unnatural sex with himself, was suspended Friday, additional commissioner of police Quaiser Khalid said.
Jadhav, who was booked for the offence on January 17, would allegedly dress as a woman and indulge in sexual acts with the young man on repeated occasions since November 2011.
The victim approached a local activist, Salim Qureshi, and also filed a petition in the Bombay High Court in January this year.
Jadhav is alleged to have similarly exploited other young men, but this is still being verified by the police.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
An officer with the Chunabhatti police said they were probing the victim’s complaint and would submit a report to superiors, after which a decision would be taken about arresting Jadhav.