Inspector Mahesh Jadhav of the Chunabhatti police station, who was accused of forcing a 25-year-old man from Govandi into having unnatural sex with himself, was suspended Friday, additional commissioner of police Quaiser Khalid said.
Jadhav, who was booked for the offence on January 17, would allegedly dress as a woman and indulge in sexual acts with the young man on repeated occasions since November 2011.
The victim approached a local activist, Salim Qureshi, and also filed a petition in the Bombay High Court in January this year.
Jadhav is alleged to have similarly exploited other young men, but this is still being verified by the police.
An officer with the Chunabhatti police said they were probing the victim’s complaint and would submit a report to superiors, after which a decision would be taken about arresting Jadhav.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More