Taking a fresh look at the Esther Anuhya murder case and giving it top priority, the Mumbai police on Monday released an enhanced image of the lone suspect in the case, declaring that anyone providing information about the identity or whereabouts of the man would be rewarded.
Esther (24), a software engineer with the TCS in Mumbai, went missing from LTT on January 5, and her severely decomposed body was found in Bhandup on January 10. The most recent clue that the police had was CCTV footage of her seen walking with an unidentified man from the waiting room at LTT towards the platform 4-5.
“I met Esther’s relatives today. The case is being handled by the local police station, but the Crime Branch is also conducting parallel investigations and has been told that this case must be detected,” said Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria.
On Monday, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sadanand Date convened a meeting on the progress of the case, and cracking the case on priority was discussed.
According to sources, the meeting was attended by officers of the Unit V and Unit VII of the Crime Branch as well as the Property Cell.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Date said, “We have some clues and are working on them. I will soon be briefing the Commissioner of Police about the progress of the case.”
Asked whether any kind of deadline had been set for the case, Date said cracking the case as soon as possible was a priority.
Sources said scrutiny of the CCTV footage indicated that Esther was familiar, if not comfortable, with the suspect.
However, he has not been recognised by any of her relatives or friends. She is seen talking on a cellphone, which the police know was not hers.
According to her call data records, no call was made from her phone on the day of her disappearance. The police believe that she was using the suspect’s mobile phone.