The state government has decided to stop recovery of crop loans from farmers in Vidarbha affected by heavy rains and hailstorm earlier this month.
This was announced by Minister for Relief and Rehabilitation Patangrao Kadam at a press conference here on Thursday.
The minister had called a review meeting for Amravati and Nagpur divisions to take stock of the damage.
According to preliminary government estimates, various crops over 90,000 hectares were affected in the region. Four people were killed and over 40 hurt while 64 cattle heads also perished in the heavy hailstorm that lashed many districts like Nagpur, Wardha, Yavatmal and Bhandara.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free