The police have initiated investigations into an alleged attempt on the life of a history-sheeter. He was reportedly shot at by unidentified assailants in Govandi, in the early hours of Saturday.
According to the Shivaji Nagar police, the victim, identified as Mohammed Raees (36), a resident of Govandi, has around 16 to 17 cases registered against him, including murder, attempt to murder and assault.
“Raees was on his way home around 12.20 am on Saturday, and was passing the 90 Feet Road on his motorbike, when two men on a bike drew alongside him. He said the pillion rider shot at him twice, and one of the bullets hit him in the left thigh. He fell off his bike, and his assailants fled the scene, after which he went to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar with the help of some people present at the scene of the attack,” said Senior Police Inspector Radheshyam Agrawal, Shivaji Nagar police station.
Hospital authorities subsequently informed the Shivaji Nagar police, and a team of officers reached the hospital to record Raees’ statement. He was discharged after being treated for his gunshot wound. The police have registered a case of attempt to murder against unidentified persons.
“Raees said he didn’t know why anyone would want to kill him. We are investigating the case to ascertain the cause,” said Agrawal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016