The police have initiated investigations into an alleged attempt on the life of a history-sheeter. He was reportedly shot at by unidentified assailants in Govandi, in the early hours of Saturday.
According to the Shivaji Nagar police, the victim, identified as Mohammed Raees (36), a resident of Govandi, has around 16 to 17 cases registered against him, including murder, attempt to murder and assault.
“Raees was on his way home around 12.20 am on Saturday, and was passing the 90 Feet Road on his motorbike, when two men on a bike drew alongside him. He said the pillion rider shot at him twice, and one of the bullets hit him in the left thigh. He fell off his bike, and his assailants fled the scene, after which he went to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar with the help of some people present at the scene of the attack,” said Senior Police Inspector Radheshyam Agrawal, Shivaji Nagar police station.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Hospital authorities subsequently informed the Shivaji Nagar police, and a team of officers reached the hospital to record Raees’ statement. He was discharged after being treated for his gunshot wound. The police have registered a case of attempt to murder against unidentified persons.
“Raees said he didn’t know why anyone would want to kill him. We are investigating the case to ascertain the cause,” said Agrawal.