Bombay High Court (HC) upheld Friday the life sentence handed to 11 accused,including a Pakistan national,for alleged involvement in serial bomb blasts near and at central and western railway stations in 1998.
Four people were killed and 30 injured in the blasts.
Aftab Sayeed,Asgar Kadar Shaikh,Kadeer Mohammed Shafi,Khalid Ansari,Shabeer Basheer Chavan,Jaffar Shaikh,Mohammed Chauhan,Ashfaque Shaikh,Farooque Yusuf Shaikh,Aftab Shaikh and Javed Gulam Hussain of Pakistan were held guilty by a trial court on June 29,2004.
Another Pakistan national Shamshad Haider Qadar was acquitted for lack of evidence and deported.
Five explosions took place between January 23 and February 27,1998,at Kanjurmarg station,near Virar station,on tracks between Goregaon and Malad,near Santacruz station and on platform 2 of Kandivali station.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The prosecution claimed the conspiracy was hatched by the accused in December 1997 at the instance of Pakistan spy agency Inter Services Intelligence.
While an accused-turned-approver turned hostile during the trial,three accused died.
The defence said the explosions were not linked and were not part of one conspiracy.