Bombay High Court (HC) upheld Friday the life sentence handed to 11 accused,including a Pakistan national,for alleged involvement in serial bomb blasts near and at central and western railway stations in 1998.
Four people were killed and 30 injured in the blasts.
Aftab Sayeed,Asgar Kadar Shaikh,Kadeer Mohammed Shafi,Khalid Ansari,Shabeer Basheer Chavan,Jaffar Shaikh,Mohammed Chauhan,Ashfaque Shaikh,Farooque Yusuf Shaikh,Aftab Shaikh and Javed Gulam Hussain of Pakistan were held guilty by a trial court on June 29,2004.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Another Pakistan national Shamshad Haider Qadar was acquitted for lack of evidence and deported.
Five explosions took place between January 23 and February 27,1998,at Kanjurmarg station,near Virar station,on tracks between Goregaon and Malad,near Santacruz station and on platform 2 of Kandivali station.
The prosecution claimed the conspiracy was hatched by the accused in December 1997 at the instance of Pakistan spy agency Inter Services Intelligence.
While an accused-turned-approver turned hostile during the trial,three accused died.
The defence said the explosions were not linked and were not part of one conspiracy.