The Bombay High Court Friday allowed Pakistani singer Adnan Sami to travel to Pakistan and London on “humanitarian grounds” for getting his mother treated.
The court, however, told him he would have to comply with its earlier order of furnishing sureties and signing bonds for travelling to Australia and New Zealand for musical concerts.
The singer’s application seeking the return of his passport for travelling abroad was dismissed by the court on the last occasion. Appearing for Sami’s ex-wife Sabah Galadri, advocates Edith Dey and Sana Usman had opposed Sami’s application for travelling abroad. “He wants to travel on the ground that his mother is ill. However, it is not so. He has not got the sureties nor has he signed the bonds before the
“He has musical concerts lined up in Australia and New Zealand,” Dey said, while pointing to the pamphlets that allegedly had the singer’s itinerary. Justice Revati Mohite Dere, however, told Dey it would be difficult for Sami to pay Galadri maintenance if did not attend the concerts. “Counsel, if he does not earn, how would he pay for maintenance?” said the judge.
The court on Friday observed that Sami had only partially complied with its earlier order by furnishing two sureties of three reputed citizens amounting to Rs 1.50 crore.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Sami had filed an application before the magistrate court seeking permission to travel to Pakistan to see his mother. After the magistrate court rejected his application, the singer appealed against the order in the sessions court, which upheld the order. The singer then moved the HC.