Nineteen year old Narendra Grewal from Delhi is a spunky MMA fighter and he kicked off the new SFL season with a TKO win against Sri lankan Tiran in the opening round of the bantamweights at the new arena over the weekend.
Fighting from the red corner,Grewal came all guns blazing and got the better of his 26-year-old opponent.
SFL has now shifted their crowd attracting cage to a whole new arena at the Filmalaya Studios due to an influx of fight-craving fans. The arena now has entertainment boosters like a free foot spa,a DJ playing the right tunes to enhance the sporting effect in the arena to give the audience a whole new experience.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Narender Grewal is 4-1 in his young pro MMA record but those 4 wins were all against legit opponents. His only loss has been against the featherweight champion Bharat Khandare and post that loss he made the smart move to drop down to bantamweights. There is just one opponent on his mind,and he is looking forward to facing off with Irfan khan.
Irfan has a better record 6-0 and Narender feels that he can take all of Irfan’s earned glory but defeating him fair and square in the SFL ozone. Narender went up against Tiran from Sri Lanka,he considered Tiran just another stepping stone,another opportunity to make a quick buck and another hurdle to clear to get the long awaited chance to challenge Irfan Khan.
Mukesh Goha,1-0 in SFL Contenders,had defeated a nationally ranked boxer in Sameer Shaikh to get to this level. He went up against Jason who on the other hand was 3-0 in his pro MMA record. With every win he keeps getting himself to another level. Jason has been totally focused at training camps and has a no-nonsense approach to his preparation before each bout. Jason for the first time had an opponent that kept him concentrating throughout.
London bronze meddalist Mary Kom was at the arena,and said,”SFL has made an amazing progress in the last year and now with this new Arena I think we can reach greater heights. Todays fightcard has been very well planned and this according to me was SFLs best night and I am looking forward to much better nights to come.”
SFL 20 Friday Fight Night Results: Bout 1 – Light Weights: Amitesh Chaubey (Lucknow) bt Nikhil Bhatt (Chandigarh) in 2nd Round. Bout 2 – Jason Solomon (Delhi) bt Mukesh Goha (Jaipur) via Technical Knock Out in the 2nd round. Bout 3 – Amit Raj Kumar (Bhiwani) bt Vishal Singh (Delhi) via submission by rear naked choke in the 1st round. Bout 4 – Main Event Bantamweights – Narendra Grewal (Delhi) bt Tiran (Sri Lanka) via Technical Knock Out (TKO) in 1st Round.