No lecture is being conducted for some subjects in colleges like Sir J J school of Arts, Fort, since June as the state government has failed to renew teachers’ contracts of the institutes under Directorate of Art (DoA), Maharashtra.
The authorities of DoA claim that they had submitted a proposal to the state’s higher and technical education department for the renewal of the contracts, however, it is still pending. Currently, the DoA controls around 207 institutes across the state, which includes four government, 31 aided and 172 unaided institutes.
Contracts of around 10 teachers at Sir J J school of Arts, for instance, are yet to be renewed this year. The contracts are supposed to be renewed every year by April. However, this year, the contracts of these teachers ended on March 30, and are yet to be renewed, said a senior faculty at Sir J J School of Arts adding that, “Despite our repeated reminders to the director of DoA, the renewal of contracts is still pending. In the absence of teachers, no lectures for subjects like arts and crafts, sculpting, painting and photography are being conducted.”
According to the management body of the institutes, these teachers are not new but have been working on contractual basis for years now. “Students are suffering as the contracts have not been renewed yet. We are now planning to send a representation to the minister of higher and technical education seeking his intervention into the matter,” said another teacher.
G B Dhanokar, director of DoA, said, “We are aware that lectures are not being conducted for few subjects at some colleges. We are awaiting the response of the state’s higher and technical education department on a proposal to the to renew the contracts of these teachers.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Manjusha Molwane, joint director of higher and technical education, could not be contacted despite several attempts.