The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has taken to trolling Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis over his claims of having constructed 33,000 wells in drought-hit Maharashtra. The MNS, in a letter to the CM, told him to share addresses of places where these wells have been constructed.
“We recently asked you details of the project. It seems due to your busy schedule you may have forgotten about it. You have the complete list and we implore you that you should upload the said list on the Maharashtra Government website. Where are these wells? How much have you spent on them,” a letter by MNS leader Anil Shirode to the CM said.
- MNS workers put up poster targeting Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam outside his house
- Day after vandalism: MNS workers put up poster targeting Nirupam near his home
- NCP vows to uproot govt, party MLA meets CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Raj Thackeray meets CM Fadnavis to discuss rehabilitation, need for start-up policy
- Maharashtra ministry reshuffle before winter session, Narayan Rane to join, says CM Devendra Fadnavis
- BJP leaders meet CM Devendra Fadnavis, seek action against MNS for beating hawkers
The war of words between CM and MNS was kicked off after Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis stated in the Assembly that 33,000 wells had been dug in Maharashtra in the last one year.
MNS president Raj Thackeray, at his party’s annual Gudi Padwa rally, had questioned the CM’s claims and stated that he would like to see for himself where these wells were located.
A miffed CM had in a public speech in Amravati said the government kept a record of achievements and if detractors wanted his government would provide a detailed reply.
The MNS wants the chief minister to provide the addresses so that they can visit these sites.
“Kindly ensure we do not have to go to RTI to seek this information. Kindly let people of Maharashtra know these locations so that they, along with our workers, can visit these sites,” Shidore added in his letter.
The MNS, largely hit by dissensions and largescale desertions has been trying to take a strident posture in view of the upcoming Municipal Corporation elections to be held in important cities like Mumbai and Nashik.