COMMUTERS of Western Railway’s suburban train network can now check the status of local trains by giving a missed call. In an initiative to communicate the scheduled arrival time of trains to passengers, the Western Railway (WR) has tied up with a private firm.
The commuter would need to dial toll free no. 1800 212 4502 and the call will get disconnected automatically after two rings subsequent to which an SMS will be sent informing the running status of suburban trains.
Information on running of services shall be communicated to the firm by the Railways in a stipulated scheduled time, which in turn will be conveyed to passengers.
- Mumbai: Ready for monsoon, says Western Railway
- ‘World’s first’ women’s special train completes 26 years
- CR plans to take IMD help to make monsoon train timetable
- Three months on: AC local train fails to fill up half its capacity
- ‘At least 20-25 additional FOBs to be constructed by the end of 2018’, says Western Railway DRM
- Want to know running status of Mumbai local trains? Just give a missed call
Amit Shah, a regular commuter at WR said, “This is a unique initiative by Western Railway. I can use this service whenever I need any information about a train while waiting on the platform.”
Commuters can also register themselves with http://www.mobitip.info for daily updates at scheduled times. Ravinder Bhakar, Central Public Relations officer, Western Railway said, “In times of unusual occurrences or disruptions, commuters can make use of their service. By registering on the given site, they can get detailed information of flow of train services between their respective journey destinations.”
Users of any smartphone can avail of this service with no need of any internet connection.What makes the commuters happier is the service is free of cost.
Earlier, CR had started a similar service to get information on local train updates.