With its two senior leaders from the state, Nitin Gadkari and Gopinath Munde, set to become ministers in the Narendra Modi government at Centre, the Maharashtra BJP is likely to take a formal decision soon on who should lead the campaign for the Assembly elections due in October this year.
Talks in the BJP are veering around state BJP president Devendra Fadnavis to lead the campaign in Assembly elections in Maharashtra.
While former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has made it clear he will concentrate on politics at the central level and is no longer interested in returning to state politics, Munde’s heart still beats for Maharashtra. Sources, however, say Munde cannot focus on Maharashtra campaign while holding a portfolio at the Centre.
Meanwhile, Fadnavis on Saturday demanded the resignation of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to pave the way for early Assembly elections in the state. Citing the example of Bihar CM Nitish Kumar who resigned Saturday, Fadnavis said, “Congress and NCP have lost the mandate to rule Maharashtra after its rout in the Lok Sabha polls.”
The state BJP feels the Modi wave will help them in the Assembly polls too.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Maharashtra, which has sent 42 MPs to the Lok Sabha, will have a sizeable role at the Centre.