Nearly two months after the body of an Andhra Pradesh techie was found in Bhandup, the Kalina Forensic Sciences Laboratory Thursday confirmed to the Mumbai Police Crime Branch that her internal organs were seriously injured, indicating sexual assault.
The Crime Branch has slapped additional charges of rape as well as kidnapping and robbery against arrested accused Chandrabhan Sanap.
A senior Crime Branch officer said that apart from results of forensic analysis, the circumstantial evidence also pointed to the possibility of rape having occurred. “The victim’s jeans and undergarments were off the victim’s body when we found it, which made us suspect rape. Sanap himself is still not confessing to rape and maintains that he only tried to sexually assault her.
However, preliminary reports from the FSL indicate that her internal organs were badly injured. We are expecting the FSL’s final report by next week. Sanap’s DNA samples have also been taken and reports of comparison tests are awaited,” said a senior Crime Branch officer, who did not wish to be named.
Sanap had earlier been booked only for murder and destruction of evidence.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The police have also stepped up its search for the victim’s laptop, which Sanap claims to have thrown off a moving train while on his way from Nashik to Mumbai. On Thursday, the police engaged the services of some divers to look for it in the Ulhas river between the Khadavli and the Titwala railway stations. Other possible spots are also being searched.
“We have alerted our informers, as after Sanap threw the laptop from the train, it could have been picked up by someone and sold in a nearby market,” added the officer.
SANTOSHEE GULABKALI MISHRA