A 57-year-old French tourist was assaulted Thursday evening near the CST allegedly by a drug addict, who has been arrested. The suspect, Saiful Badokochi (25), is a native of West Bengal who had arrived in Mumbai the same day.
“Badokochi hit the woman, Claudine, in the face, injuring her nose, and started shouting incoherently about tourists coming to the city from other countries.
He was overpowered by eye-witnesses and handed over to us, while Claudine was rushed to the St George Hospital,” said an officer with the Azad Maidan police.
“Badokochi seems to have been either under the influence of drugs or undergoing withdrawal symptoms. We are subjecting him to medical tests to know more.
There does not seem to be any motive behind his actions,” said DCP (Zone I) Ravindra Shisve.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016