A 57-year-old French tourist was assaulted Thursday evening near the CST allegedly by a drug addict, who has been arrested. The suspect, Saiful Badokochi (25), is a native of West Bengal who had arrived in Mumbai the same day.
“Badokochi hit the woman, Claudine, in the face, injuring her nose, and started shouting incoherently about tourists coming to the city from other countries.
He was overpowered by eye-witnesses and handed over to us, while Claudine was rushed to the St George Hospital,” said an officer with the Azad Maidan police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Badokochi seems to have been either under the influence of drugs or undergoing withdrawal symptoms. We are subjecting him to medical tests to know more.
There does not seem to be any motive behind his actions,” said DCP (Zone I) Ravindra Shisve.