Five rounds were fired outside film producer Ali Morani’s Juhu residence on Saturday evening. Although the police have registered a case against unknown men, they suspect that the men were from the Ravi Pujari gang.
According to the Juhu police, on Saturday at about 10.30 pm, three men arrived on an Activa two wheeler. The man sitting in the middle extracted a .32 bore revolver and fired five rounds towards the house of Morani’s bungalow in Juhu.
One bullet hit the tree while the other pierced the window pane of the bungalow. The police officers from the crime branch who are conducting parallel investigations said that the producers Ali and Karim Morani who have produced successful films like ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Raja Hindustani’, ‘Damini’, ‘Dushmani’ were out of the country at the time of the incident.
“We have registered a case against the unknown men and are conducting investigations to find out who were the men and who their target was,” said Satyanarayan Chaudhary, Deputy Commissioner of Police (zone 9).
After the firing, Morani received an SMS on his mobile phone where the alleged gangster threatened him with dire consequences. Morani reported the incident to the police on Sunday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The police officers from Juhu police station said that after they got a call from the Moranis, they went to the spot and recovered CCTV camera recordings from the premises which shows that three men outside the bungalow and
“The three were not wearing any face masks, however, since the CCTV was installed at a distance from the spot, the images of the three are not extremely clear,” said an officer from the Juhu police station.