Five rounds were fired outside film producer Ali Morani’s Juhu residence on Saturday evening. Although the police have registered a case against unknown men, they suspect that the men were from the Ravi Pujari gang.
According to the Juhu police, on Saturday at about 10.30 pm, three men arrived on an Activa two wheeler. The man sitting in the middle extracted a .32 bore revolver and fired five rounds towards the house of Morani’s bungalow in Juhu.
One bullet hit the tree while the other pierced the window pane of the bungalow. The police officers from the crime branch who are conducting parallel investigations said that the producers Ali and Karim Morani who have produced successful films like ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Raja Hindustani’, ‘Damini’, ‘Dushmani’ were out of the country at the time of the incident.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We have registered a case against the unknown men and are conducting investigations to find out who were the men and who their target was,” said Satyanarayan Chaudhary, Deputy Commissioner of Police (zone 9).
After the firing, Morani received an SMS on his mobile phone where the alleged gangster threatened him with dire consequences. Morani reported the incident to the police on Sunday.
The police officers from Juhu police station said that after they got a call from the Moranis, they went to the spot and recovered CCTV camera recordings from the premises which shows that three men outside the bungalow and
“The three were not wearing any face masks, however, since the CCTV was installed at a distance from the spot, the images of the three are not extremely clear,” said an officer from the Juhu police station.