A fire broke out in an 11-storey residential building in the western suburbs of Mumbai on Friday, though no loss of life has been reported as yet.
According to fire brigade officials, the fire broke out on the fourth floor of Godavari building in suburban Versova, adjacent to the Versova telephone exchange.
“We got a call around 4 PM that a fire has broken out in a commercial building adjacent to the Versova telephone exchange. Four fire tenders, four water tankers were rushed to the spot and we have termed the fire as ‘Grade 1 fire’,” a fire brigade official said.
He said though the fire has not been completely doused as yet, it has been brought under control. “As per initial reports, the fire brigade officials have managed to safely evacuate the people who were stuck on the top and bottom floors of the building and no injuries or casualties have been reported as of now,” an Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) official said.
He added that the exact reason behind the fire incident is not known yet and that there will be a “thorough probe” into the cause once situation normalises.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
In the wake of the death of a fireman in a recent fire incident in a suburban high-rise earlier this month, MCGM officials had said that it will be ensured that fire safety audits of all multi storeyed buildings in Mumbai be completed in a month’s time.
The MCGM had also said that precautions will be taken and safety checks will be conducted periodically to ensure that innocent lives are not lost to fire mishaps.