Chief minister Prithviraj Chavan said in the legislative assembly Thursday that directives would be issued to municipal commissioner Sitaram Kunte to expedite work for construction of a super-specialty hospital in the eastern suburb of Bhandup.
MNS legislator Shishir Shinde, who represents the suburb, raised a calling attention motion objecting to delays in construction of the hospital. Shinde alleged that there had been ‘unreasonable and avoidable delays’ in tendering for appointment of a technical consultant for the project.
With no government-run super-specialty facility available in Bhandup, patients have to travel to the island city for the same. After speaker Dilip Walse-Patil sought expedition of the hospital project, Chavan said directives in this regard would soon be issued to Kunte. Walse-Patil later also asked the state to ensure that Kunte convened a meeting with Shinde and other elected representatives on the matter.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area