By Santoshee Gulabkali Mishra
Investigations into the murder of Shiv Sena corporator Mohan Raut from Badlapur and interrogation of the arrested accused have indicated that the murder was slated to be executed almost a month before it actually occurred. It did not work out as planned. The mastermind, Yogesh Raut, then personally guided and observed the execution of the crime the second time.
On May 23 two unidentified assailants had allegedly opened fire at Raut at around 11.30 am in Apte Wadi, Badlapur. The alleged assailants fired 12 bullets. Four bullets hit Raut in the chest and he succumbed to his injuries later in the day. The Thane Crime branch with the help of local Ulhasnagar crime branch unit arrested the two accused, identified as Chandrakant Mahskar (24) and Gangaram Linge (29), on May 29 from Bhiwandi and also recovered the motorbike used by them.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“During their interrogation, the arrested suspect said that the murder was planned by Yogesh Raut a month before it actually occurred. However, it could not materialise as several party workers always accompanied Mohan,” said an investigating officer.
The officer added Yogesh personally accompanied Mahskar and Linge to the scene, the second time, on the day of the murder. He had chalked out the plan himself and kept a close watch on Mohan’s movements on a daily basis, after which he learned that he spent some time by himself in his office in Apte Wadi every morning.
“Mahskar and Linge are close associates of Yogesh Raut, who is the vice president of the NCP in Badlapur City. A total of seven people have been named as accused in the case,” the officer said.
The police said that Yogesh was himself attacked on March 18 at Gandhi Chowk in Balapur.
He was hit by a bullet in chest when three to four men opened fire at him as he was walking towards his car. The Badlapur police is still investigating the case, officers said.