By Santoshee Gulabkali Mishra
Investigations into the murder of Shiv Sena corporator Mohan Raut from Badlapur and interrogation of the arrested accused have indicated that the murder was slated to be executed almost a month before it actually occurred. It did not work out as planned. The mastermind, Yogesh Raut, then personally guided and observed the execution of the crime the second time.
On May 23 two unidentified assailants had allegedly opened fire at Raut at around 11.30 am in Apte Wadi, Badlapur. The alleged assailants fired 12 bullets. Four bullets hit Raut in the chest and he succumbed to his injuries later in the day. The Thane Crime branch with the help of local Ulhasnagar crime branch unit arrested the two accused, identified as Chandrakant Mahskar (24) and Gangaram Linge (29), on May 29 from Bhiwandi and also recovered the motorbike used by them.
“During their interrogation, the arrested suspect said that the murder was planned by Yogesh Raut a month before it actually occurred. However, it could not materialise as several party workers always accompanied Mohan,” said an investigating officer.
The officer added Yogesh personally accompanied Mahskar and Linge to the scene, the second time, on the day of the murder. He had chalked out the plan himself and kept a close watch on Mohan’s movements on a daily basis, after which he learned that he spent some time by himself in his office in Apte Wadi every morning.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Mahskar and Linge are close associates of Yogesh Raut, who is the vice president of the NCP in Badlapur City. A total of seven people have been named as accused in the case,” the officer said.
The police said that Yogesh was himself attacked on March 18 at Gandhi Chowk in Balapur.
He was hit by a bullet in chest when three to four men opened fire at him as he was walking towards his car. The Badlapur police is still investigating the case, officers said.