The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Mumbai Police Crime Branch has frozen the bank account of actor Boman Irani’s son Danesh, who is currently under the scanner for his alleged connection with the QNet scam.
Earlier this month, the EOW initiated investigation against Danesh after Gurpreet Singh Anand, the complainant in the case, alleged that he was associated with QNet, which allegedly cheated people to the tune of Rs 425 crore.
On Monday, the EOW froze Danesh’s account in a private bank here. “The account is linked to two fixed deposit accounts and has a total of Rs 28 to 30 lakh. We have frozen the account,” said a enior EOW officer.
The officer added that scrutiny of the the transaction details of the bank account indicated that Danesh had received a total amount of Rs 40 lakh from QNet.
“We are yet to confirm what services the money was paid in exchange of. We will soon be issuing a summons to Danesh. When he turns up for questioning, we will ask him about his exact role in QNet and the services he rendered in exchange of the money,” the officer said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Earlier, Boman Irani had issued a statement saying that all of Danesh’s earnings were ‘above-board’.
The EOW has already issued a lookout notice for world billiards champion Michael Ferreira in connection with the case. He subsequently claimed that he had gone to Malaysia for treatment and would return to India soon.
QNet is alleged to have made Rs 425 crore through its activities, which include selling of cosmetic and other products as well as attracting as many members as possible — a binary scheme which is banned in India. Eight officials of the company have been arrested so far by the EOW.