The 32-year-old man admitted in Jogeshwari-based Hindu Hriday Samrat Balasaheb Thackeray hospital as a suspected Ebola case has tested negative for the virus, civic authorities said on Monday. Hospital authorities said the patient had also recovered from fever.
The man, who had reached Mumbai airport from Nigeria on Sunday, was suspected to have contracted the virus by the Airport Hospital Organisation after he was screened for fever and was found to have a running nose.
He was immediately shifted to the civic-run facility for quarantining in the 10-bedded isolation facility specially created for this purpose by the hospital.
Deputy executive health officer Dr Mangala Gomare said the blood samples of the patient were sent to the National Institute of Virology in Pune for testing. On Monday, the reports confirmed that the 32-year-old was not a case of Ebola virus disease.
A doctor from the trauma hospital said, “The patient is now asymptomatic. He will be discharged soon.” The doctor added that the passenger had been kept in the isolation ward and was under constant observation.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Earlier this month, a 31-year-old man from Nigeria, suspecting himself to have contracted the Ebola virus, had been quarantined at home in Vasai by civic health officials as a precautionary measure to contain the suspected infection. He had reached India on July 28 from Lagos.
So far two suspected cases have been reported by the civic authorities, both of whom tested negative for the disease. According to civic officials, three isolation facilities – in Kasturba, JJ and Jogeshwari trauma hospital – have been set up in the city to deal with possible Ebola cases.