In a blow to the Shiv Sena, its MP from Parbhani, Ganesh Dudhgaonkar, joined the NCP Saturday, just a few days after its another sitting MP Bhausaheb Wakchaure, who represents Shirdi Lok Sabha seat, joined the Congress.
The desertions come at a time when it appeared that the Sena was consolidating its hold on the organisation under the leadership of Uddhav Thackeray.
Dudhgaonkar’s decision came after a meeting with NCP leader and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar. NCP president Sharad Pawar, who was in Mumbai to discuss party issues, reportedly gave his consent to Dudhgaonkar joining the organisation.
The NCP has, however, made it clear they would not be able to accommodate him for Lok Sabha elections in 2014, but would field him for the Assembly elections scheduled in September-October this year. The party has said its official candidate for Parbhani Lok Sabha seat would be Vijay Bhamble.
“This is the beginning of Opposition members switching sides. There are some more in touch with me. I will reveal their names at an appropriate time,” Ajit Pawar said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
While Thackeray refused to comment on the development, Sena sources said there were a few “black sheep” whose desertions were expected.
Earlier this week, Wakchaure had left the Sena to join Congress, which plans to field him for the Shirdi Lok Sabha seat.