In a blow to the Shiv Sena, its MP from Parbhani, Ganesh Dudhgaonkar, joined the NCP Saturday, just a few days after its another sitting MP Bhausaheb Wakchaure, who represents Shirdi Lok Sabha seat, joined the Congress.
The desertions come at a time when it appeared that the Sena was consolidating its hold on the organisation under the leadership of Uddhav Thackeray.
Dudhgaonkar’s decision came after a meeting with NCP leader and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar. NCP president Sharad Pawar, who was in Mumbai to discuss party issues, reportedly gave his consent to Dudhgaonkar joining the organisation.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The NCP has, however, made it clear they would not be able to accommodate him for Lok Sabha elections in 2014, but would field him for the Assembly elections scheduled in September-October this year. The party has said its official candidate for Parbhani Lok Sabha seat would be Vijay Bhamble.
“This is the beginning of Opposition members switching sides. There are some more in touch with me. I will reveal their names at an appropriate time,” Ajit Pawar said.
While Thackeray refused to comment on the development, Sena sources said there were a few “black sheep” whose desertions were expected.
Earlier this week, Wakchaure had left the Sena to join Congress, which plans to field him for the Shirdi Lok Sabha seat.