A dispute over redevelopment of the society where Sewree resident Pramod Kamtekar stays has emerged as a motive behind the attempt on his life last week.
Kamtekar, a resident of the Sewree Naka area, was on his way home from work on his scooter when he was allegedly shot at by unidentified persons on Saturday night. Kamtekar, who sustained a bullet injury in his back, was operated upon at the Sion Hospital, where he is now critical but stable. The RAK Marg police as well as the Crime Branch Unit IV is currently conducting inquiries into the incident.
“There was a proposal to redevelop the society where Kamtekar used to stay with his family, and the members of the society were divided as to whether or not to agree to it. Kamtekar, who is the secretary of the society, was in favour of it, and was the most vocal about it. He was also slowly trying to amass opinion in favour of the redevelopment, while there is a group of society members who were opposed to it. “Currently, this is the only strong dispute that Kamtekar seems to have been involved in, and we are probing if the attack on him stemmed from this issue,” said a police officer. The police are currently making inquiries with members of the society to ascertain their movements on the night of the attack, and checking their alibis.
- Hardik Pandya a 'very special player', says Kumar Sangakkara
- Shane Warne cleared of allegedly hitting woman in nightclub
- Iraqi Kurds vote in historic referendum on independence from Baghdad
- Pondy Youth Congress urges Centre to recall Kiran Bedi
- Ambani, Mittal, Birla to share dais at Mobile Congress on Wed
- Facebook fail is blow for Silicon Valley cult of founder control