A dispute over redevelopment of the society where Sewree resident Pramod Kamtekar stays has emerged as a motive behind the attempt on his life last week.
Kamtekar, a resident of the Sewree Naka area, was on his way home from work on his scooter when he was allegedly shot at by unidentified persons on Saturday night. Kamtekar, who sustained a bullet injury in his back, was operated upon at the Sion Hospital, where he is now critical but stable. The RAK Marg police as well as the Crime Branch Unit IV is currently conducting inquiries into the incident.
“There was a proposal to redevelop the society where Kamtekar used to stay with his family, and the members of the society were divided as to whether or not to agree to it. Kamtekar, who is the secretary of the society, was in favour of it, and was the most vocal about it. He was also slowly trying to amass opinion in favour of the redevelopment, while there is a group of society members who were opposed to it. “Currently, this is the only strong dispute that Kamtekar seems to have been involved in, and we are probing if the attack on him stemmed from this issue,” said a police officer. The police are currently making inquiries with members of the society to ascertain their movements on the night of the attack, and checking their alibis.
- Mumbai: Former SRA chief Vishwas Patil cleared projects without slum-dwellers’ consent
- Ten held for robbery of gold jewellery worth Rs 37 lakh
- Attack on Sewree man: Prime accused arrested
- Loan agency co-owner arrested for ‘raping’ minor help for a year
- Courier firm staffer held for assaulting, molesting help at her employer’s home
- Around town