Suspended Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police Sunil Paraskar, who had agreed to undergo a layered voice analysis (LVA) in connection with the alleged rape case against him, has now withdrawn his consent to undergo the test, police sources said Monday.
In August this year, the police officer had refused to undergo a lie-detector test saying he had undergone a bypass surgery and it would require him to discontinue his medication. The Crime Branch had later sought permission to subject him to an LVA and Paraskar had agreed. The test was scheduled to be conducted on Monday.
A Crime Branch officer said Monday that last week, Paraskar communicated his refusal to undergo the test.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sadanand Date confirmed the development, adding that Paraskar had cited health grounds for the refusal.
In a letter dated August 7 addressed to the Crime Branch’s Crimes Against Women cell, Paraskar had written, “As regards layered voice analysis, it is not indicated as to when and where this test will be conducted. However, I know how this test is conducted and therefore I’m communicating my willingness to conduct the same at any place convenient and suitable to you.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, on Monday, Paraskar’s lawyer Rizwan Merchant said, “We were first under the impression that an LVA means collecting voice samples. However, we only later found out that it involves the same procedure as a lie-detector and polygraph test, which my client cannot undergo due to his health.”
Paraskar was booked by the Malwani police in July this year for alleged sexual exploitation of a model while he was Additional Commissioner of Police (North region) in 2013. The case was subsequently transferred to the Mumbai Police Crime Branch. Paraskar was suspended by the state government on August 27.