The 26-year-old model who filed a rape case against Deputy Inspector General (Protection of Civil Rights) Sunil Paraskar has alleged that besides being raped by the officer at a bungalow in Malad in January, he had also attempted to rape her in a Navi Mumbai flat late last year.
In what could prove to be crucial evidence in the case, the model has alleged that she saved several text messages sent by Paraskar apologising for his actions at the Navi Mumbai flat.
The police are now recording statements of Paraskar’s staff and colleagues to ascertain the claims. The model’s phone has been sent for forensic analysis. The police have already conducted a panchnama of the flat and the Malad bungalow where the two alleged incidents took place.
“We are now trying to acquire the call data records of the model, and also recover messages exchanged between Paraskar and her from the latter’s mobile phone,” said an officer from the Woman’s Cell of the Mumbai Police Crime Branch.
In her statement to the police, the victim claimed that she first met Paraskar in April 2013, when he was the additional commissioner of police (north region), and he helped her in a property dispute after her brother had locked up her mother. The model and Paraskar exchanged phone numbers at the time, she alleged.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
She also alleged that after October 2013, when she filed a molestation complaint against a resident of her building at the Goregaon police station, Paraskar had sent her a message, saying, “You will not be able to handle this case alone, you contact me.” She, however, did not contact him, the model said.
In her statement, the model also alleged that in November or December last year, Paraskar took her to a flat in a multi-storey building in Navi Mumbai that he claimed was his. “On reaching the flat, Paraskar’s staff waited outside the building. Paraskar molested me twice in the flat and also tried to rape me,” the statement read.
“I got angry at this, and Paraskar apologised and we both left. After that Paraskar sent me several text messages apologising for his behaviour,” she said. The victim said she was in a state of shock and did not have the courage to approach the police against a senior officer.
The model has alleged that she met Paraskar a week later in connection with buying a flat. Paraskar allegedly took her to a bungalow in Madh in Malad west, where he said he would be introducing her to a builder who was his friend, and started apologising for his earlier behaviour. “Paraskar then consumed alcohol and started misbehaving with me saying that he loves me. He later forced himself on me and raped me,” the victim alleged in her statement.
The victim has also claimed she was later gifted an iPhone by the officer. “In February, my sister and I met Paraskar at his office, where he gifted me an iPhone and took my old phone. After this meeting, Paraskar started pressuring me to gift him something, stating that he had got an FIR registered for me on my complaint lodged at Goregaon police. I gifted him a Longines brand watch worth Rs 70,000,” the statement further read.
“Paraskar would message and insist I meet him, and asked me if I knew someone who could stop his transfer. I met him at a hotel in Santacruz with my business manager. There I gifted him a Mont Blanc wallet, pen and perfume worth around Rs 57,000. Paraskar came with his wife. I wanted to tell her everything, but he did not leave us alone,” the model claimed in her statement.
According to the model, she confided in her sister in July. The model’s sister then asked her to approach the Mumbai police