The Mumbai Police on Thursday booked Deputy Inspector General Sunil Paraskar for allegedly raping a model.
Paraskar is an IPS officer of the 1997 batch, and a state service promotee who currently holds the charge as Deputy Inspector General(Protection of Civil Right). The case has been transferred to the Crime Branch for investigation. According to police sources, the model approached Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria on Tuesday and submitted a written application claiming that Paraskar had raped her last year when he was holding the post of Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region).
On Thursday, a probe was initiated against him by the Crimes Against Women’s Cell of the Mumbai Crime Branch. “The complainant approached the Commissioner of Police on Tuesday with her complaint, and an offense registered on Wednesday. The complainant has said that one instance of molestation and one instance of rape occurred in the last quarter of 2013,” Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sadanand Date said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Paraskar could not be contacted.
The victim also submitted a CD with a video recording of the alleged incident that took place in a hotel room in Malad.