The Mumbai Police on Thursday booked Deputy Inspector General Sunil Paraskar for allegedly raping a model.
Paraskar is an IPS officer of the 1997 batch, and a state service promotee who currently holds the charge as Deputy Inspector General(Protection of Civil Right). The case has been transferred to the Crime Branch for investigation. According to police sources, the model approached Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria on Tuesday and submitted a written application claiming that Paraskar had raped her last year when he was holding the post of Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region).
On Thursday, a probe was initiated against him by the Crimes Against Women’s Cell of the Mumbai Crime Branch. “The complainant approached the Commissioner of Police on Tuesday with her complaint, and an offense registered on Wednesday. The complainant has said that one instance of molestation and one instance of rape occurred in the last quarter of 2013,” Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sadanand Date said.
Paraskar could not be contacted.
The victim also submitted a CD with a video recording of the alleged incident that took place in a hotel room in Malad.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016