Hitting out at the BJP for creating a controversy over his not attending the foundation stone laying ceremony for Nagpur metro rail, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said the opposition should first go through the protocol before making hue and cry over the issue.
“I did not violate any protocol meant for the prime minister of the country. Those who are making an issue of me as a chief minister not following the protocol do not know the rules,” Chavan told reporters after inaugurating various buildings of newly set Kundal Academy of Development Administration and Management in Sangli.
He said the protocol states that the chief minister should welcome the prime minister during his visit to the state capital. “I had followed the protocol by welcoming the prime minister in Mumbai and had attended all the three functions with him in Mumbai,” Chavan said, adding that the function at Nagpur does not involve any protocol issue.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
“The BJP was purposely trying to insult the chief minister of other states at the function attended by the prime minister Narendra Modi. I ignored the wrong treatment given to me at a function in Solapur but the same happened at Haryana and Jharkand where the chief ministers of respective states had a bad experience of BJP activists raising slogans against them in the presence of the prime minister,” he said.
The chief minister further said the state government would lay foundation stone for work on phase three of Mumbai metro for which the Union Urban Development Minister Venkiah Naidu have been invited.
Chavan said the Congress and the NCP would jointly campaign during the state Assembly polls as done during the Lok Sabha elections.
Earlier, he had expressed the need to focus on forest conservation saying that drought-like situation is being experienced due to the reduction in green cover and it was necessary to take up tree plantation drive and forest conservation efforts to avoid drought situations in the state.