Hitting out at the BJP for creating a controversy over his not attending the foundation stone laying ceremony for Nagpur metro rail, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said the opposition should first go through the protocol before making hue and cry over the issue.
“I did not violate any protocol meant for the prime minister of the country. Those who are making an issue of me as a chief minister not following the protocol do not know the rules,” Chavan told reporters after inaugurating various buildings of newly set Kundal Academy of Development Administration and Management in Sangli.
He said the protocol states that the chief minister should welcome the prime minister during his visit to the state capital. “I had followed the protocol by welcoming the prime minister in Mumbai and had attended all the three functions with him in Mumbai,” Chavan said, adding that the function at Nagpur does not involve any protocol issue.
“The BJP was purposely trying to insult the chief minister of other states at the function attended by the prime minister Narendra Modi. I ignored the wrong treatment given to me at a function in Solapur but the same happened at Haryana and Jharkand where the chief ministers of respective states had a bad experience of BJP activists raising slogans against them in the presence of the prime minister,” he said.
The chief minister further said the state government would lay foundation stone for work on phase three of Mumbai metro for which the Union Urban Development Minister Venkiah Naidu have been invited.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Chavan said the Congress and the NCP would jointly campaign during the state Assembly polls as done during the Lok Sabha elections.
Earlier, he had expressed the need to focus on forest conservation saying that drought-like situation is being experienced due to the reduction in green cover and it was necessary to take up tree plantation drive and forest conservation efforts to avoid drought situations in the state.