By SANTOSHEE GULABKALI MISHRA
Police had denied the incident of an officer with the Navghar police being assaulted by Bharatiya Janata Party workers in the police station earlier this month, but a station diary entry made by the officer concerned indicates that BJP Member of Parliament Kirit Somaiya assaulted him on the day in question.
On August 21 this year, news of a police inspector with the Navghar police station in Mulund being assaulted by BJP party workers did the rounds and was denied by the police, who said that it was only an incident of heated words being exchanged.
The same day, a diary entry was made by Police Inspector Satpal Munde, which Newsline has access to. The entry states that Munde had summoned BJP party worker Parikshit Dhume to the police station in connection with a clash between party workers of the BJP and the Nationalist Congress Party. While this was going on, Somaiya allegedly barged into the police station with five to six BJP party workers. “Somaiya barged into the detection room of the police station along with five to six party workers and hit me on the right hand, after which he loudly asked why his party worker was called to the police station without him being asked,” the entry reads.
When asked about the matter, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone 7) Vinay Rathod said, “It is true that Somaiya had intervened in the matter. I had personally asked Munde at the time whether he wanted to register a case, but he refused. It was a minor incident and diary entries are made by police station officials whenever a politician visits the concerned police station. Nothing warranting an FIR had happened.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sources with the Navghar police claim that the entire incident occurred in front of Senior Police Inspector Ganesh Gaikwad, Navghar police station. Gaikwad remained unavailable for comment. When contacted, Somaiya responded with a text message saying, “Sorry. You may ask Police Commissioner or other such senior officials in this regard.”