Early Friday morning, when Kuwait-based businessman Mohammed Chavi (38) got a message that Dr Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin had passed away, he immediately booked his tickets. By 5 am Saturday, he was in Mumbai.
“We believe Syedna has taken us closer to Allah. Woh Khuda to nahi, par Khuda se juda nahi the (He was not God, but he was his messenger for us),” Chavi said, while waiting near one of the barricades put by the Burhani Guards near Raudat Tahera Mausoleum, where Sydena was buried.
Chavi was one of the many Bohra Muslims who had came from across the globe to pay their last respects to the revered leader.
“Since my childhood I have known only him as our Syedna for he was there for 53 years,” he said.
According to Chavi, such was the rush at the airport in Kuwait that Kuwait Airlines had to opt for for a bigger aircraft to accommodate more passengers. “In the flight, 90 per cent of the passengers were from the community. The airport at Mumbai too was full of Bohra Muslims,” he said.
Mustan Zoeb (45) along with his mother Zulekha Zoeb (72) and four other family members rushed to Mumbai from Dubai on Friday. “He was the priest of our community and we had to come. It was a sad day for us,” said Zoeb, who came by a Jet Airways flight, which, he said, was full of members from his community.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn