Dawoodi Bohra community’s spiritual leader Dr Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin passed away in Mumbai after a prolonged illness on Friday.
The 98-year-old leader was the 52nd ‘dai’ of Dawoodi Bohras. He will be succeeded by heir-apparent Syedi Mufaddal Bhaisaheb Saifuddin.
Syedna last made a public appearance on January 13 to mark the tenth-day of Moharram discourse, called Ashura, at Saifee Masjid in Bhendi Bazaar. Last year, the community had celebrated his 102nd birthday as per the Muslim calendar.
He was credited with transforming Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of the Shia Muslims, into a vibrant community. The sect believes in “patriotism as part of the faith” , which encourages them to be an integral part of the country they live in. The Bohras are primarily traders.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More