The sessions court Tuesday gave a last chance to the prosecution in the 2002 hit-and-run case involving actor Salman Khan to reply whether it will rely on the documents already submitted or furnish more documents.
“The case (hit-an-run) is very old. We do not know if the prosecution wants to file more documents or rely on the already submitted documents,” said sessions Judge D W Deshpande. “I am giving the last chance,” the judge told the prosecution and adjourned the matter till February 12.
Meanwhile, the prosecution submitted a list of 64 witnesses it proposes to examine during the fresh trial.
Salman is facing charges for running his Toyota Land Cruiser over a group of persons sleeping on the pavement outside a bakery in Bandra in September 2002, killing one and injuring four.
In a related development, the prosecution told the court that it had not yet got a nod from the state Law and Judiciary department to its letter seeking permission to file an appeal in the High Court against the sessions court judgement ordering a fresh trial in the case. The court asked the prosecution to inform if it wanted to file an appeal. On December 5, the court had ordered a fresh trial on the ground that the witnesses had not been examined in the context of aggravated charge of culpable homicide, which was invoked against the actor midway through the proceedings.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More