To decide the plea for a second extension of parole of actor Sanjay Dutt who was convicted and sentenced to five years in jail in the 1993 serial blasts case, the Mumbai police received the medical report of his wife Manyata Dutt on Monday.
Dutt was released from Pune’s Yerawada jail on one-month parole on December 21 last year on the grounds of his wife’s illness. The parole was later extended by a month, till February 21, 2014. The actor, in an application to Khar police, recently requested for another one-month extension.
Police sources said ACP Shivaji Kolekar (Khar division) will now examine Dutt’s application and give a report to divisional commissioner of Pune.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Manyata’s doctor would be consulted about her condition,” an official said.
Meanwhile, Manyata’s doctor Ajay Chaugule said she had been discharged but would continue to be under medication.
Of his five-year term, Dutt, who was convicted for illegal possession of arms, had earlier already spent one-and-a-half years in jail before his conviction. After the conviction, the actor surrendered before the sessions court on May 2013 to serve the remainder of his jail term at Pune’s Yerawada jail.