To decide the plea for a second extension of parole of actor Sanjay Dutt who was convicted and sentenced to five years in jail in the 1993 serial blasts case, the Mumbai police received the medical report of his wife Manyata Dutt on Monday.
Dutt was released from Pune’s Yerawada jail on one-month parole on December 21 last year on the grounds of his wife’s illness. The parole was later extended by a month, till February 21, 2014. The actor, in an application to Khar police, recently requested for another one-month extension.
Police sources said ACP Shivaji Kolekar (Khar division) will now examine Dutt’s application and give a report to divisional commissioner of Pune.
“Manyata’s doctor would be consulted about her condition,” an official said.
Meanwhile, Manyata’s doctor Ajay Chaugule said she had been discharged but would continue to be under medication.
Of his five-year term, Dutt, who was convicted for illegal possession of arms, had earlier already spent one-and-a-half years in jail before his conviction. After the conviction, the actor surrendered before the sessions court on May 2013 to serve the remainder of his jail term at Pune’s Yerawada jail.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More