A WEEK after Higher and Technical Education Minister Ravindra Waikar mandated the University of Mumbai to fill the post of Controller of Examination (CoE), the institute is yet to begin the process. The university is awaiting a decision on the new Public Universities Act deemed to be tabled in the Assembly in December. “We will decide on whether to advertise for the post only after there is clarity on the new Act. We haven’t been able to get many applications in the past owing to the confusion over the designation of the post,” said Registrar MA Khan.
As the proposed new Maharashtra Public Universities Bill does not recognise the post, the post may be dissolved once the Bill is passed. However, the Act may lead to the inception of a Director for Examination. Khan said the university will float advertisements after December 15.
“Irrespective of the decision on the nomenclature of the position, we will float advertisements. If the Act is not passed or tabled, the advertisement will be for CoE. In any other case, the advertisement will be for the new position,” said Khan.
In the past, the university has made three failed attempts to fill the post of CoE, currently held by Deepak Wasave as an in-charge.
The last attempt was made on October 5, a committee headed by Vice Chancellor Sanjay Deshmukh, interviewed 10 candidates. However, none of them were selected. In the earlier two attempts, the process had been called off owing to confusion over the tenure of the appointee. The post was held by Dinesh Bonde until he quit in August 2015.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More