Congress workers Wednesday staged a ‘rail roko’ in various parts of Maharashtra, excluding Mumbai, to protest the train fare hike.
“We decided to exclude Mumbai, where the ‘rail roko’ demonstrations were slated from 11 AM to 12 noon, to avoid inconvenience to suburban commuters,” MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said.
“Rail roko stir was successful in places like Thane, Navi Mumbai, Wardha and Akola,” Sawant said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
At these places, Congress workers staged the ‘rail roko’ from 10 AM and 11 AM.
Congress is protesting the recent hike in railway passenger fares and freight rates announced by the Centre.
The party activists held demonstrations in various parts of the state protesting the fare hike and demanded an immediate rollback in the fares.
“The rollback announced Tuesday is only partial. We demand a full rollback,” Sawant said.