Congress workers Wednesday staged a ‘rail roko’ in various parts of Maharashtra, excluding Mumbai, to protest the train fare hike.
“We decided to exclude Mumbai, where the ‘rail roko’ demonstrations were slated from 11 AM to 12 noon, to avoid inconvenience to suburban commuters,” MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said.
“Rail roko stir was successful in places like Thane, Navi Mumbai, Wardha and Akola,” Sawant said.
At these places, Congress workers staged the ‘rail roko’ from 10 AM and 11 AM.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Congress is protesting the recent hike in railway passenger fares and freight rates announced by the Centre.
The party activists held demonstrations in various parts of the state protesting the fare hike and demanded an immediate rollback in the fares.
“The rollback announced Tuesday is only partial. We demand a full rollback,” Sawant said.