After a complete rout in the Lok Sabha polls in Thane district, the Congress and ally Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) have finally evolved a consensus on the contentious issue of bifurcation of Thane. The proposal is now expected to be brought before the state cabinet on Friday.
Congress and NCP leaders said the bifurcation move could be declared either on the final day of the state legislature on June 14 or sometime next week.
The proposal to bifurcate Thane into two districts — Thane and Palghar — has been caught in the cross hairs of Congress-NCP electoral maths for some time now.
During a meeting convened by Legislative Council Chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh on Thursday, both parties decided to go ahead with the move. The Congress-controlled revenue department has already moved a formal proposal regarding the bifurcation, which has been pending with NCP leader Ajit Pawar-led finance department for some time now. Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Pawar were present in Thursday’s meeting.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen