Even as the overall pass percentage of Class XII results from Mumbai divisional Board of Maharashtra State board of secondary and higher secondary education (MSBSHSE) has shown a significant rise of 11.49 percentage points, this year the division has recorded the lowest pass percentage as compared to other eight divisions in the state.
MSBSHE on Monday declared the results of the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) online. The results for all nine divisions- Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Kolhapur, Amravati, Nashik and Latur- were announced simultaneously.
This year the state has recorded an overall pass percentage of 90.03 per cent, an increase of 10.08 percentage points compare with the previous year.
The Konkan division topped the list of overall pass percentage with 94.85% followed by Amravati (91.85%), Kolhapur (91.54%), Aurangabad (90.98%) Pune (90.73 %), Latur (90.60 %), Nagpur (89.07%), Nashik (88.71%).The lowest pass percentage has been recorded in Mumbai division with 88.30% .
Of the 11,98,859 who appeared for HSC exam from across the state, 10,79,332 were declared pass. In Mumbai division, 2,54,138 passed the exam out of the total 2,87,814 students who appeared.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The result this year is not too bad. Overall Mumbai has shown a rise in pass percentage of 11.49 percentage points. It won’t be appropriate to compare the pass percentage of Mumbai with divisions like Konkan or Amravati as the number of candidates is too less than the candidates in Mumbai. Mumbai has the highest number of candidates who appeared fot the HSC exam. If we compare the performance of Mumbai with Pune the pass percentage is only marginally low. Besides Mumbai division has the highest number of students scoring distinction and first class. The results are good, but at the same time we are looking at improving it further,” said Laxmikant Pande Chairman of Mumbai Divisional board.
Apart from this, authorities of Mumbai divisional board also argue that Mumbai also has the highest number of students who were repeating their HSC exam this year privately. According to official this too is one of the factors due to which the pass percentage of Mumbai division lower as compared to other divisions. A total of 20,734 students were repeaters who appeared for the HSC exam from Mumbai division.